BUSHISM'S- Famous Quotes & Bush´s Goodbye


With only 24% popularity Pres. Bush leaves office with the country mired in two wars and an economy suffering from its worst Economic Crisis since the Great Depression of the 30´s.

In his last speech, this was the Presidents final opportunity to convince Americans that many of his goals were accomplished and successfully implemented. Then again, has Pres. Bush ever been one to be self critical or admit past mistakes?

He remarked that he has kept America safe since the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01 and how important it was to incorporate Homeland Security as a coordinating branch of the CIA, FBI, NSA and Military to share information and become more efficient. The United States is equipped with the best technology for monitoring terrorist activities and planned attacks and able to freeze financial resources to minimize their funding for future attacks. "I did what I thought was right, our nation is more secure than 8 years ago¨.

In economic area, taxes were reduced and there is more access to education and health-care and protections in the law against abortion.
He repeatedly said ¨I hope you remember me as a President who could take the hardest decisions in favor of his country" and believes that in the long term he will be judged positively.

Bushism's quotes :

  • "I want you know when we talk about war in reality , we are talking about peace."( Washington Jun 18th 2002)
  • When I campaigned I said, "I want to be a war President, nobody wants to, but i do." (Des Moines, Iowa October 26th 2006)
  • "It would be a big mistake for the Congress to accept whatever else about human cloning" (Washington, April 10th 2002)
  • "I know that human beings and fish can co-exist peacefully."--(Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000)
  • "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."-(Gothenburg, Sweden June 14, 2001)
  • "This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --(2000 Al Smith Dinner)
  • "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." --(Rome, Italy July 22, 2001)
  • I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." --(White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C. Dec. 10, 2001)
  • "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --(interview with CBS News' Katie Couric Sept. 6, 2006)
  • "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --(quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War)
  • "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --(talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward)
  • "Do you have blacks, too?" --(to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C. Nov. 8, 2001)
  • This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." --(quoted by the New York Daily News April 23, 2002)
  • "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." -("Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005) six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina.
  • "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." --(after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C. April 3rd, 2004)
  • "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --(Washington, D.C. Sept. 13, 2001)
  • "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --(Washington, D.C. March 13, 2002)
  • "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." --(to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004)
  • "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." --(speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003)
  • "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories ... And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." --(Washington, D.C. May 30, 2003)
  • "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --(Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000)
  • "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --(Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000)
  • "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." --(Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006)
  • "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --(Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004)
  • "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --(Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004)
  • "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." --(to FEMA director Michael Brown, who resigned 10 days later amid criticism over his handling of the Hurricane Katrina debacle, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005)
  • "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --(Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002)
Trying to get positive side from his presidency

The WSJ’s The 9/11 Presidency. It is a concise and accurate, excellent overview of the Bush presidency, and it is a must read. Even the haters should read it, if for not other reason to see what they’ve missed bitching about
The very continuation by Democrats of Bush’s policies will be grudging, if silent, acknowledgment of how much he got right.
no matter how badly you want to blame Bush for the bursting of the housing market, you can’t do it without looking at the Democratic policies that Bush tried to warn us all about. You can’t talk about it without mentioning Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and the legislation - written in the 1990’s - that demanded sketchy loans be made in the first place.
Or, as Richard L. Connor says here in History May See Lincoln-Like Greatness in George W. Bush:
And the economic woes of this country — just like other monumental, sea-change problems — did not simply appear one day or go away the next. Sure, this happened under his watch but the seeds for our mortgage, home loan crisis and those of the domestic automobile industry collapse were sown long before Bush first took office.

Yeah, times are tougher, now. But President Bush never did get credit for the 52 months of uninterrupted (and huge) growth, or the great unemployment numbers we had between the recession at the start of his presidency and the recession at the end of it. He never got credit for much of anything, simply because some people were too spiteful and dishonest to give it.

So, I’ll give him credit, now. He deserves some.

An exhaustive and definitive look at Bush’s humanitarianism.

It’s always easier to be with the jeering crowd than to stand aside from it. But Chesterton said it better:

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

It s very hard to judge a Presidency , it is worst to judge a President , there is no President in the world that can be free of bad press , comments or opinions.
What stop the world , a country , a society is the HATE , as we see in the wars that are happening and in many other kind of wars are hidden, this word is what separate , destroy and always will make to take the WRONG decision .
For who are agree with President Bush , all the respect , because we are still in a world of freedom of thinking , of feeling of speaking .
Who are not agree with President Bush , dont stuck on the mistakes , the complain , just build up , action words , it is too late now for more speeches or claims to be , just be , just do , and there is a new chance that people have already chosen this is what have to be respected by everyone , and think in positive to build up and dont cry ( as complaining is a way of baby crying ) on what is done or not , just do it better . Time will tell .
New Chapter will start in United States , wishing that Peace , Health, Economy and development in a nation like this , could make history for the near future, and we are all wittness how all we can get through from all kind of differences and crisis , no because of miracles , or thinking that Obama is like a Mesias , it is a President with a team and a society that will let things happen in right way if the other variables ( power centers ,lobbys , corporations , alliances with other countries) also converge to the same goal to save the nation and make it growing up in a prosperous enviroment .


Comments

Anonymous said…
As republican i want to say my opinion of Bush administration:
bush walked into the whitehouse in a recession. after clinton tarnished the office with his infidelity
and after clinton lobbed a cpl ballistic missles in north africa
then after a cpl months he managed to get the house and congress working towards positive change

then 911 hit the us and he stepped up to the plate and took the reigns while our country was in mourning and wanting to lash out in vengence
space shuttle exploded
the tsunami hit in se asia
katrina and the gulf coast
he has taken hit after hit after hit--and never backed down-always did hid job-always protected america
formed homeland security
patriot act
tax cuts
grew the economy and created more jobs
opted out of the kyoto treaty wich was unfair and would have cost us billions
pushed nafta thry
nafta grew cananda us and mexican economy
stayed focused on the war on terror
stayed engaged with killed and injured troops and their families
increased asian trade
increased school funding to inner city and poor performing districts
He failed to act in closing off the borders-was weak on immigration reform and enforcement
didnt fight back against democratic rhetoric
he was busy-but a lot of folks fealt left out of the loop when it came to his office

BUT OVERALL I THINK HE WAS A GREAT PRESIDENT
Anonymous said…
i am proud of bush for taking charge on 911 saying we will go after evil doers our selfs instead of asking other countrys to do our work for us
Anonymous said…
It has been said of Bush that he never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity. I wish I'd said that.

Bushisms are very funny. The best part of his presidency. However, if I'd wanted Yogi Berra for president I would have voted for him.

Sylvia_Lovejoy
Gary Baumgarten said…
Arnold is the Terminator.

Bush the Decider.
Boby Thomas said…
Nice quote...You can read more quotes by famous people here..
Quotes